Disclaimer: I was provided a sample in exchange for my honest review. No compensation was received for this post.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT via JohnFreida.com:
Definition & Curl
Wild, loose curls come from a curling iron with a larger barrel. This 1¼-inch curling iron features advanced ionic technology, with high heat up to 400°F/205°C and true ceramic technology.
11 professional digital settings allow you to choose the best temperature for your hair type.
Use lower heat setting for fine hair; medium settings for medium hair; the highest settings for coarse or thick hair.
- I have thick, medium-length hair and I curled each section using the 380 degree setting. Afterwards, I set my waves with hairspray. The whole process took 30 minutes. Because my hair is heavy, any curls usually fall out pretty quickly but not this time. I went to sleep with my hair done up and still woke up with pretty waves. This is amazing, considering it didn’t take that long to create the style and that it held up for so long.
- 1 1/4 inch barrel was perfect for creating large, voluminous waves – a look that’s so “in” right now.
- The curling iron heats up fast – it was literally hot in seconds.
- I liked the large, easy to read LCD digital temperature display.
- I love that it has auto shutoff – such a great piece of mind when I leave my house in a hurry,
- Similarly to the flat iron, the on/off switch as well as temperature controls are located on the side of the iron. While curling my hair, I accidentally pressed the buttons a number of times and lowered the temperature.
Despite the design complaint, this John Freida curling iron styled my hair into large, bouncy curls that would look fantastic at work or a date night out. Keeping with the manufacturer’s promise, the curling iron heated up quickly and I will highly recommend it to my girlfriends.
WHERE TO FIND IT:
Available at drug, mass and food retailers