Summer is finally here and I’m excited to share 5 easy steps to achieve that head-to-toe California girl glow we all want to emulate. From vibrant, bright skin to making your bikini wax last, these simple tips will help you obtain that golden glow and sport a safe, healthy tan:
- Step 1: Exfoliate for Smooth, Clear Skin: Brighten skin by removing dead cells. Exfoliating once a week will stimulate skin’s circulation for a warm rosy glow, and also creates a smooth surface for self tanners or bronzers. Look for all-natural exfoliators and facial scrubs made with coffee, sugar, or sea salt as plastic microbeads can be harsh on skin and leave microscopic tears.
- Step 2: Maximize Your Moisture: Hydrating skin after every shower (especially on ankles, knees and elbows) will ensure your sunless tan application isn’t streaky. Slather on pH balanced moisturizer all over to ensure your self-tanner doesn’t concentrate in drier areas. Sebamed Moisturizing Body Lotion is an ultra-light formula that absorbs quickly and completely for a fresh finish, so you won’t feel sticky or weighed down. ($19.95)
- Step 3: Sport a Healthy, Safe Tan: Avoid burnt, flaky skin! Lather on a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater and Broad-Spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection, and opt for an all-natural self tanner that doesn’t use chemical dyes, which are the cause of those dreadful orange streaks. jane iredale Tantasia Self Tanner & Bronzer builds a gradual tan within three days while also imparting an instant bronze glow on face and body. Apply first at your legs and work your way up to ensure you don’t smudge, and let it dry for 3-5 minutes before getting dressed. ($36)
- Step 4: Make Your Bikini Wax Last: Ditch the razor, which can cause red bumps and irritation. Instead, pop over to a waxing center that uses all-natural wax applied at room temperature. This will ensure not only an ouch-free wax, but a #flawless, fuzz-free glow. Uni K Wax Centers are solely dedicated to waxing, and offer clean, quick and professional services at affordable prices. Their all-natural elastic wax not only removes hair from the root for long-lasting hair removal, it also exfoliates and softens, leaving skin as smooth as silk.
- Step 5: Embrace The “no-makeup” Look: BB creams have become the beauty savior for dull, dry skin. In addition to hydrating and evening out skin tones, BB creams also treat the skin with antioxidants or other anti-aging ingredients, plus offer broad-spectrum SPF. Finish the look off with a dash of mascara and a warm bronzer for a natural, California girl flush.
About BeautyADDICTS HydraSUNRays Bronzer ($28):
Capture the sun all year round with a groundbreaking ultra-sheer, perfectly neutral, matte bronzing powder. Formulated with pure pearl powder to stimulate cell renewal and packed with green tea and vitamins A, C, D and B5. Buildable coverage in one flawless shade.
I was very excited to try out BeautyADDICTS HydraSUNRays Bronzer. I’ve read great things about the brand and couldn’t wait to get my hands on some products.
The bronzer came in this super cute black and pink box. It’s packaged in a sleek, glossy mirror compact. It did not come with a brush applicator so make sure to have one on hand to use the product.
The formula of this bronzer is lightweight and matte, which is a win-win as far as I’m concerned.
The color is definitely build-able and you can easily go from light to dark coverage, depending how much product you apply, as you can see in the picture above.
Summer is approaching and I like knowing that I can customize this bronzer as my skin changes color in the sun. For now, a single swipe was enough for me, as I have fair skin.
Overall, I liked the BeautyADDICTS HydraSUNRays Bronzer and look forward to trying other products from this makeup line.
To learn more about BeautyADDICTS, visit http://www.beautyaddicts.com and follow them on Facebook and Twitter
Did you guys see the red carpet arrivals at the 2014 Met Gala? What was your favorite beauty look? I really liked Selena Gomez’s makeup. I thought she looked flawless from head-to-toe. Her romantic hairdo and plum lipstick was perfectly in sync with her DVF dress.
Would you like to recreate Selena’s look at home? Luckily, you can! I partnered with Mary Kay to offer one of my readers a fabulous prize pack that includes ALL of the amazing products in this tutorial.
Selena’s Dramatic Beauty Look from the 2014 Met Gala
- Sweep Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Shimmering Lilac over the eyelids and then lightly dab Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Sparkling White below the brow bone and the inner corners of the eyes for a subtle highlight.
- With Mary Kay Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black, carefully define the upper eyelid and then create a small wing to the outer corner of the eye for a subtle cat eye effect.
- For long, dramatic lashes, apply two coats of Mary Kay Lash, Love, Lengthening Mascara in I ❤ Black.
- Lightly contour with Mary Kay Bronzing Powder to add a touch of color to the face.
- For Selena’s deep purple pout, line the lips with Mary Kay Lip Liner in Plum and then fill in the lips with Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Berry a la Mode.
- Set the look with Mary Kay Makeup Finishing Spray by Skindinävia to keep the look fresh for up to 16 hours!
1 lucky winner will receive a Mary Kay makeup prize pack.
Open to US residents only. 18+
HOW TO ENTER: Leave a comment on this post and tell us what is your favorite Mary Kay product. Please include your email address.
BONUS ENTRY: Share this post on Twitter and tag @MaryKay and @MyBeautySource
CONTEST ENDS May 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
A winner will be picked at random and will be notified by email. Prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor.
Kelly Rowland is a Caress Fabulista!
*Samples were provided in exchange for my honest review. No compensation was received for this post.*
Do you have a beauty routine? I do and it starts in the shower, well before I apply my makeup.
I’m a sucker for fragrant soaps and body washes and always have 4-5 varieties stacked in my tub.
My current obsession is the new Caress Fresh collection. The scent combinations are seriously amazing! Gardenia and White Tea! Lilac Blossom and Aquamarine Essence! Lily and Grapefruit! I’m in love with how aromatic these body washes are and the fresh, fabulous way I feel after I use them.
Here are more details on the new Caress beauties. To learn more, don’t forget to visit http://www.caressskin.com and connect with fellow Caress Fabulistas on Facebook.
Experience freshness like never before with Caress Emerald Rush™, infused with lush gardenia and white tea essence. Sparkling scents surprise your senses while lush, revitalizing lather envelops your skin leaving it delicately scented and beautifully fresh.
Experience freshness like never before with Caress® Juicy Escape™, infused with sun-kissed lily and pink grapefruit essence. Sparkling scents surprise your senses while lush, uplifting lather envelops your skin leaving it delicately scented and beautifully fresh.
Experience freshness like never before with Caress® Aqua Sparkle™, infused with lilac blossom and aquamarine essence. Sparkling scents surprise your senses while lush, invigorating lather envelops your skin leaving it delicately scented and beautifully fresh.