Summer is finally here and I’m excited to share 5 easy steps to achieve that head-to-toe California girl glow we all want to emulate. From vibrant, bright skin to making your bikini wax last, these simple tips will help you obtain that golden glow and sport a safe, healthy tan:
- Step 1: Exfoliate for Smooth, Clear Skin: Brighten skin by removing dead cells. Exfoliating once a week will stimulate skin’s circulation for a warm rosy glow, and also creates a smooth surface for self tanners or bronzers. Look for all-natural exfoliators and facial scrubs made with coffee, sugar, or sea salt as plastic microbeads can be harsh on skin and leave microscopic tears.
- Step 2: Maximize Your Moisture: Hydrating skin after every shower (especially on ankles, knees and elbows) will ensure your sunless tan application isn’t streaky. Slather on pH balanced moisturizer all over to ensure your self-tanner doesn’t concentrate in drier areas. Sebamed Moisturizing Body Lotion is an ultra-light formula that absorbs quickly and completely for a fresh finish, so you won’t feel sticky or weighed down. ($19.95)
- Step 3: Sport a Healthy, Safe Tan: Avoid burnt, flaky skin! Lather on a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater and Broad-Spectrum (UVA and UVB) protection, and opt for an all-natural self tanner that doesn’t use chemical dyes, which are the cause of those dreadful orange streaks. jane iredale Tantasia Self Tanner & Bronzer builds a gradual tan within three days while also imparting an instant bronze glow on face and body. Apply first at your legs and work your way up to ensure you don’t smudge, and let it dry for 3-5 minutes before getting dressed. ($36)
- Step 4: Make Your Bikini Wax Last: Ditch the razor, which can cause red bumps and irritation. Instead, pop over to a waxing center that uses all-natural wax applied at room temperature. This will ensure not only an ouch-free wax, but a #flawless, fuzz-free glow. Uni K Wax Centers are solely dedicated to waxing, and offer clean, quick and professional services at affordable prices. Their all-natural elastic wax not only removes hair from the root for long-lasting hair removal, it also exfoliates and softens, leaving skin as smooth as silk.
- Step 5: Embrace The “no-makeup” Look: BB creams have become the beauty savior for dull, dry skin. In addition to hydrating and evening out skin tones, BB creams also treat the skin with antioxidants or other anti-aging ingredients, plus offer broad-spectrum SPF. Finish the look off with a dash of mascara and a warm bronzer for a natural, California girl flush.