Actress Kirsten Dunst has had her share of red-carpet missteps. She redeemed herself with a flawless look at the premiere of “The Two Faces of January” in New York.
Celebrity makeup artist Pati Dubroff drew inspiration for Kirsten’s look from her Chanel Couture dress. “It was made of a neoprene type of fabric which gave it structure and had the most beautiful bead work, which is where my palette was drawn from.”
According to Page Six, Kirsten busted out a rap after the film premier, in front of Sonic Youth’s Kim Gordon and Viggo Mortensen. “Kirsten was showing off her freestyle rapping to them in her Chanel couture gown,” says a spy. “No joke.”
Hopefully video proof of the incident exists. For now, let’s examine how to get her make-up look.
Kirsten Dunst’s Flawless Red-Carpet Look – Makeup How To:
1. Prep the skin with Tatcha Dewy Skin Mist and L’Oreal Miracle Blur in the t-zone. After a light finish of foundation, use Cle de Peau Concealer in Beige to even out the skin.
2. Define brows using Maybelline Define a Brow in Dark Blonde.
3. For the eyes, Pati used a matte cream color shadow on the lid and a matte putty color shadow in the crease (both by Dior) to even the lid and give definition. She then applied a matte bone color on the lid and a matte taupe in the crease (both by Pati Dubroff Perfect Palette).
4. Use a liquid eyeliner from the center lash line, extending beyond the outer corner with a flick. On top of the liner, draw another line from the inner corner on the lash line, then extending on top of the black liner (a double liner effect). This liner was a silver metallic, Chanel Long Lasting Eyeliner in Silver Light.
5. Focus mascara to the outer lashes to keep the inner eye light and bright.
6. Apply a swirl of Flower Cream Blush in Petunia on the apples of the cheeks.
7. Finally, apply Chanel Rouge Allure lipstick in 217 Radieuse to complete the look.