In advance of Valentine’s Day, I’m so excited to share a DIY tutorial on how to get fun holiday nails.
With Hot Designs nail art pens, adding festive flair to your nails is easy! These dual-sided nail art pens have nail polish on one side and a fine-tipped pen on the other for precision drawing.
Each set of 6 colors is available for $14.99 or as single pens at for $5.99.
Want to win a Hot Designs prize pack? Keep reading to find out how!
1 lucky winner will receive a 6-color Hot Designs prize pack.
Open to US entries only.
HOW TO ENTER:
Visit My Beauty Source Blog Facebook page and LIKE or COMMENT on this post: https://www.facebook.com/mybeautysourceblog
CONTEST ENDS February 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
Winners will be picked at random and will be notified on Facebook. Prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor.
Before you ditch your New Year’s resolution this month, beat the odds with LO Fruit Beverage! Whether you are in need of a refreshing fruit drink without all the added calories after a tough workout or just want to add a little flavor in your seltzer, LO Fruit Beverage will keep your sweet tooth at bay!
One ten ounce serving of LO Fruit Beverage contains the same amount of calories (35 – 45), carbs (8 – 11 grams), and sugars (7 – 10 grams) as found in one average whole fruit. Additionally, LO Fruit Beverage is a certified low GI (glycemic index) product, as clinically test by Glycemic Index Laboratories, kosher, vegan, and gluten free.
LO Fruit Beverages are available at natural foods and specialty grocers across the U.S. such as Meijer and H-E-B and online at www.LOFruitBeverage.com.
Want to win a LO Fruit Beverage prize pack? Keep reading to find out how!
1 lucky winner will receive a LO Fruit Beverage prize pack.
Open to entries worldwide.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Leave a comment on this post and tell us which LO Fruit Beverage flavor you’re excited to try: Pomegranate, Pomegranate Mojito, Acai-Blue or Mango Mojito
Share this post on Facebook and tag LO Fruit Beverage and My Beauty Source Blog
Share this post on Twitter and tag @LOFruitBeverage and @MyBeautySource
CONTEST ENDS February 9, 2015 at 11:59 PM EST.
Winners will be picked at random and will be notified by email. Prize will be fulfilled by the sponsor.
Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting at the 21st Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
Celebrity hairstylist Christine Symonds worked with Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting for the 21st Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, January 25th in Los Angeles, CA. See below for details on Kaley’s effortless look.
“We decided on a clean and simple look for Kaley tonight.”
GET THE LOOK:
“I prepped her hair with Oribe Grandiose Mousse and blow dried it forward using my Eco Tools Quick Volume Styler. I kept a strong side part and directed the bangs off to one side.
I sprayed Batiste Dry Shampoo in the roots to keep the hair in place and to add a little lift. I finished with a vail of Oribe Superfine Hairspray.”
For the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards, Avon Global Celebrity Makeup Artist Lauren Andersen gave Camilla Alves a neutral glowy look.
Here’s how to get Camilla’s look:
1. Lauren applied Koh Gen Doh Foundation Aqua Foundation to her face before adding Avon Glow Bronzing Powder.
2. Lauren then blended the two darker shades in the Avon True Color Eyeshadow Quad in Mocha Latte for depth.
3. Next, she used Avon Big & Daring Mascara in Blackest Black to define the eye.
4. To complete the look, Lauren applied Hourglass Lipstick in Whisper to Camilla’s lips.
Sarah Hyland’s up-do at the 2015 SAG Awards was created by celebrity hairstylist, Ryan Richman, who used KMS California products to create the edgy bun.
Here are Ryan’s tips on how to copy Sarah’s hairstyle.
1. Prep wet hair with KMS California FREESHAPE quick blow dry spray ($20.99) to lightly condition the hair and reduce drying time.
2. Apply a few pumps of KMS California TAMEFRIZZ smoothing lotion ($18.50) to smooth the cuticle and reduce frizz while drying.
3. Use a comb to distribute the product throughout the hair and set a deep side part.
4. Blow dry 1″ sections using a flat boar bristle brush while pointing the nozzle of the blow dryer downward towards the ends of the hair.
5. When the hair is dry, smooth small sections of hair with a straightening iron.
6. On the side of the part with less hair, use a brush to create a high ponytail and secure this section with an elastic.
7. Spray KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray ($20.99) as you brush in order to keep the section smooth and secure.
8. Repeat these steps with the remaining hair and secure it in a low ponytail.
9. Wave and twist the two ponytails together and begin to pin the look down to the back of head using bobby pins.
10. Finish the look with KMS California FREESHAPE 2-in-1 styling + finishing spray ($20.99).
During Paris Fashion Week, Sally Hansen’s Global Color Ambassador Madeline Poole created a coolly minimalist, nude manicure with a twist by giving flesh toned polish a matte finish. Madeline paired Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat with Complete Salon Manicure in Almost Almond, a flattering nude shade which gave the glossy manicure a chic velvety matte look.
“The idea for the matte nude nail came from referencing the true sheen of a natural nail,” says Madeline Poole. “As an unpainted nail is generally more satin or matte in finish, we were mimicking this surface. In the end, the result is dusty and bare like the cheek of a porcelain doll.”
I love getting beauty mail! Here are five new makeup treats that recently arrived in my mailbox.
Korres Greek Yoghurt Nourishing Primer $30 http://www.korresusa.com/
RevitaLash Volumizing Primer $24 https://www.revitalash.com/
RevitaLash Volumizing Mascara $24 https://www.revitalash.com/
Soap & Glory Super-Colour Sexy Mother Pucker™ Lip Plumping Gloss in Baby Doll $18 http://www.soapandglory.com/us/
glo minerals Lipstick in Nutmeg $17 http://www.gloprofessional.com/